|Tamari or Soy Sauce||3 Tbsp|
|Garlic, Minced||3 cloves|
|Toasted Sesame Seeds||2 Tbsp|
|Spring onions, chopped||2|
The perfect pairing
Who could say no to pork belly? It is so versatile that you can pair it with a lot of dishes and sauces. If you are truly looking to satisfy your craving for something delightful, then this dish is surely for you! Here, we will share with you a delicious recipe of pork belly with honey garlic sauce. The good news is that this is a quick 30-minute recipe!
- 1. Slice the meat into small cube-like pieces and add to a large pan; fry on high heat.
- 2. Stir the cubes constantly—cook each side for 5 minutes; one side must be cooked on high heat, the other side on high-medium heat.
- 3. For the sauce, add 1/4 cup honey, minced garlic, and 3 tbsp. tamari sauce, and heat them up. Cook for one minute while stirring, then remove from heat.
- 4. Stir in 1 tbsp. of sesame seeds and the pork.
- 5. Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped green onions on top – serve hot!
Tips When Cooking Pork Belly
These tips will help you get the most out of it, regardless of the recipe:
- Don’t add oil when cooking in the skillet because the meat is already fatty. When placed in heat, it will release its own fat. For this reason, there’s no need to add oil to the skillet.
- When cooking, use a splatter screen to prevent oil from splattering on the kitchen surfaces and floors. This will help you avoid creating messy spots as you cook.
- Always start on a high heat and then reduce it to medium.
When cooking pork belly, always ensure you get it fresh. You can find free range meat at the WH Thomas Butcher’s store on Local Grocers. They butcher animals grown on their own farms as well as other local sources.