|Small onion, thinly sliced||1|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||2|
|Chorizo, sliced into strips||100g|
|Red pepper, thinly sliced||1|
|Ground Cumin||2 Tsp|
|Paprika||1 1/2 Tbsp|
|Chilli Powder||1 Tsp|
|400g Tin plum tomatoes||1|
|Salt & pepper|
|Vegetalbe Oil||1 Tbsp|
A scrumptious alternative to the Full English
Our friend Loren is a food development technologist by day and a creative genius the rest of the time. We love getting food inspiration from her blog.
She has taken some ingredients from our partners including WH Thomas‘s moreish chorizo and come up with this delicious Shashuka. What a way to start the day.
- 1. In a skillet or frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the onion, red pepper and chorizo. Allow to fry for 5 minutes on a medium-low heat.
- 2. Add the cumin, chilli and paprika and stir to coat the ingredients. Fry off for a minute then add the plum tomatoes. Using a wooden spoon, break up the tomatoes and add half a tin full of water to the pan (about 200ml). Season and add the sugar. Allow to come up to a simmer.
- 3. Turn down the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly.
- 4. Carefully crack the eggs on top of the tomato sauce. Cover again and allow to steam cook for 3-5 minutes depending on how you like your yolk!
- 5. Meanwhile chop up the coriander. Remove the shashuka from the heat, sprinkle over the coriander and a bit of black pepper. Serve with some gorgeous fresh toast.